Marian Bandrés, (Pamplona, España, 1969)
Marian Bandrés is a painter interested on the image produced by the mass media. She believes in the need of recovering news which day by day disappear from our reality but, at the same time conform it. She uses collage as a modern and still in force technique to re-apprehend reality. The resource images derive from newspapers, used in photocopy form that also mean to be a plastic element. The aim of her work is to «rescue» and bring forward by traditional plastic means (painting and collage), the realities which fade away or are concealed. That is why the use of photocopy is important and take part in the meaning of the work. The term «Rescue» proposes an answer to the feelings of a flowing society.
PhD in Fine Arts in the speciality of drawing at Bilbao, University of País Vasco, 2014. [PhD]
Master in Media Infography, University of Barcelona, 1994.
- Since 2019 she is a tenured professor at the School of Art of Huesca specializing in computer media.
- She collaborated from 2013 to 2017 as an associate professor at the Faculty of Education of the University of Zaragoza, Department of Musical, Plastic and Corporal Expression.
- Since 1996 she has been a drawing teacher in different secondary schools.
1º Prize, Painting, Instituto Navarro de Deporte y Juventud, 19
- Palace of Congress, Jaca, «Mujeres artistas de aquí y allá», 2004
- Tarbes (Francia), ¿Femmes artistes d’ici et d’ailleurs- Mujeres artistas de aquí y de otras partes?, 2004
- HuescaTown Council , OKUPARTE 2007, (proyecto Golfiss)
- School of Arts of Huesca «El deseo» 2007
- School of Arts of Huesca Futuro 2008 , inside Periferias festival
- School of Arts of Huesca, «25 años de profesorado», 2012
- Libreria Anónima, 2009, Huesca
- Arte Hotel «La Demba», 2016-2017, Abizanda, Huesca
- Centro de Cultura Mariano Mesonada, 2017, 2017, Utebo, Zaragoza
- Centro Cultural Manuel Benito Moliner, febrero 2020, Huesca catálogo – marian bandres
– School of Arts of Huesca, «El collage, instrumento de ficciones.» 2016
Presence in the web:
– Gestalten, German publisher, published in January 2017